Enrolling in Self-Management of Passwords (SMOP) for the Mount will allow you to unlock your account or change your password at any time, even nights and weekends, without assistance from the Center for Instructional Technology.
- Enroll - set up some validation information at http://password.msmary.edu by selecting "Enroll" on the landing page.
- Enter your username and password - please make sure that the domain is set to MSMARY
- Select your security questions and enter the appropriate answers
- Click update
Change Password or Unlock Account
If you need to reset your password or unlock your account, you will go back to password.msmary.edu (this can be done at home or on any computer)
- Select "Reset Password / Unlock Account"
- Enter your username - making sure that the domain is set to MSMARY
- Click continue
- Answer previously set-up security questions
You should now be able to unlock your account or setup a new password (confirm the new password and make sure it meets the structure requirements as displayed).
Remember that this only changes your password on our system. Your laptop will not know about the new password until you reconnect with our campus network, so you must continue to use the old password on your laptop if off-campus.
Also, don't forget to change the stored password on your smartphone or tablet. Otherwise, it will continue to try to check for new mail with your old password and your account may become locked for a possible security threat.
Questions or comments may be directed to Information Technology Support Center (ITSC) at 301-447-5805 or email@example.com