Assistant Director of Annual Giving (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving is appointed by and reports to the Director of Annual Giving and is responsible for managing the following Mount Annual Fund (MAF) programs for the purpose of achieving fundraising goals.
- Achieve the following fundraising goals:
- Phonathon - Direct all aspects of Phonathons. Recruit, manage and supervise Phonathon Manager and student callers. Create pre- and post-Phonathon mailings. Record data and analyze results. Implement changes to increase effectiveness.
- Senior Class Gift - Recruit Senior Class officers to act as class agents for their class gift. Aid class officers in developing Senior Class giving program. Assist officers in defining monetary and participation goals. Organize class socials and other fundraising events.
- Current Student Philanthropy - Lead and develop a Current Student Philanthropy program to increase awareness of MAF and the importance of giving back to current students. Focus on Philanthropy education and future alumni participation.
- Recent 15 Years Class Agents - Assist Director in recruiting Mount Alumni to act as Class Agents for the MAF, focusing specifically on Young Alumni. Work specifically with 1-5 and 10 year reunion classes. Assist agents in defining monetary and participation goals. Help develop solicitation letters for classes. Work with these Class Agents to engage and motivate their classmates into reaching fundraising goals.
- Reunion Class Gift Committee Members - Assist Director in recruiting additional volunteers to act as ‘Class Agents’ during their milestone reunion year. Assist Reunion Class Gift Members in defining monetary and participation goals. Help develop solicitation letters for classes.
- Website - Update information regarding the MAF on Mount St. Mary’s website and MAF social networking site(s), especially pertaining to Phonathon, Senior Class Gift and Current Student Philanthropy programs. Ensure that information is kept correct and current.
- Mass Emails - Coordinate Annual Fund mass emails with the Director of Annual Giving. Refresh themes and templates in the Constant Contact program as needed. Monitor results of emails and analyze trends.
- Non-Leadership Gifts - Secure gifts under $1,000 for annual, operational support.
- Mailings – Create solicitations, letters, emails and marketing pieces in coordination with Director of Annual Giving. Coordinate recipient data with the office of Advancement Services and mailing house (when needed).
- Professional Development – Attend seminars, webinars and conferences designed to increase knowledge and effectiveness of Annual Giving procedures and trends.
2. Assist the Director of Annual Giving in management and development of volunteer programs, stewardship and recognition functions and other areas as needed.
- Represent Mount St. Mary’s at events both on - and off-campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving reports to the Director of Annual Giving who is responsible to the Executive Director of Development.
Bachelor’s degree and preferably one to three years of experience in development. Public relations or marketing experience beneficial. Strong oral and written communication skills.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a resume, three letters of recommendations, and cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Mount St. Mary's University
Assistant Director of Annual Giving Search
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
or you may email resume materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain opened until filled.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.