Assistant Director of Sports Information (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Mount St. Mary’s University is currently accepting applicants for Assistant Director of Sports Information. This is a full-time 12-month renewable position eligible for benefits. Interested applicants should have experience working in a college or university sports information office or in the collegiate athletics setting.
- Serve as the primary media contact for women’s basketball and other select sports.
- Write press releases, arrange media interviews, conduct/edit video interviews, travel to select away events, etc.
- Will oversee the game day staffing and SID coverage for various home athletic events as well as the Sports Information Departments student intern/work study program.
- Also work with the Mount’s New Media Coordinator on the live video streaming and video content for the Mount athletic website (www.mountathletics.com).
- Assist in all aspects of office activity and in coverage of other sports and events, as required.
- Provide content for the Mount’s athletics website with the organization of archival information, records, photos, statistics
- Other duties as assigned, including various research projects and game operations
- 1-2 years of post-undergrad experience in a collegiate Sports Information Office, Conference Office, or closely related field
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing (In Design), Adobe Photoshop and Video Editing (IMovie).
- Familiarity working with lacrosse and basketball is preferred
- Experience with Stat Crew software program, particularly input capabilities for basketball and lacrosse.
- Candidates should be highly motivated and energetic with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Time management skills with the ability to work evenings and weekend hours with travel are a must.
Applicants are requested to submit a résumé, three letters of recommendation, work samples, and a cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Assistant Director of Sports Information Search
Mount St. Mary’s University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Resume may also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.
Mount St. Mary’s University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.