Director of Academic Development College of Liberal Arts and the School of Natural Science & Mathematics (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
The Director of Academic Development for the College of Liberal Arts and the School of Natural Science & Mathematic, reports to the Director of Development. Responsibility for securing leadership, annual restricted gifts, major gifts and planned gifts. As a key participant of the development team, the Director of Academic Development will work closely with the Vice President for University Advancement, Director for Development and the Deans of the College of Liberal Arts and the School of Natural Science & Mathematics. Identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gift prospects. Additionally, the Director of Academic Development will develop and implement appropriate solicitation strategies and programs for gift planning, reunion gifts, and campaigns for specific projects, boards and donors for Schools.
1. Manage 200 identified major gifts prospects (assigned), including cultivation, the development of gifts proposals and coordination of direct solicitations, either personally or in partnership with staff and/or volunteers within assigned colleges
2. Secure outright gifts in the range of $1,000 to $25,000 and help to identify larger gift prospects for capital, endowment and annual gifts, as well as identify future gifts for bequests/bequest intentions, gift annuities, remainder trusts and other gift planning vehicles.
3. Work with the two Schools in developing Advisory Board members and building philanthropic support from the members and alumni.
4. Develop and manage reunion giving campaigns for post 25th reunion programs and specified campaign projects.
5. Assist in securing planned gifts to support class gift programs and increase membership in the 1808 Society, the Mount’s legacy society.
6. Promote the 1808 Society for the purpose of donor recognition, stewardship, prospect identification and acquisition of new planned gifts.
7. Participate in prospect review meetings and assist in developing an overall major gift strategy.
8. Manage and conduct events for donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition
9. Extensive regional travel required.
1. Represent Mount St. Mary’s University at events.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess effective management, planning, communications and personal skills; and will bring a proven record of accomplishment in fundraising or a related marketing field, evidence of ability to handle the challenges demanded by this field, and knowledge of and concern for Catholic education. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. A valid driver's license is required.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a résumé, three letters of recommendation, and a cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Director of Academic Development Search
Mount St. Mary's University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727
Applicants may also send resume materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxed to (301) 447-5864. This position will remain opened until filled.