PT Administrative Assistant - Horning Community Leadership
Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes
Minimum Pay Rate: $10.45/per hour
Work Schedule: Part Time - 20/hrs week
Essential Position Functions:
General Administrative Support
Performs day-to-day responsibilities to include: word processing (correspondence, evaluations, reports, scholarship, course work, brochures, booklets, and posters), photocopying, telephone, mail, faxing, book orders (class, office, library), file management, routine correspondence composition, anticipation of upcoming events and organizing accordingly, coordination and scheduling of events (meetings, appointments, lectures, films, etc.), requisitioning supplies and maintenance repair work, travel arrangements, arranging and coordinating of on-campus and off-campus conferences and speaking engagements.
Efficient Operation of Department
Presents a positive image to the Mount community, alumni, and public while overseeing the efficient operation of the department as: secretary, liaison with other campus offices, and supervisor of work study students.
- Additional Assignments
Prepares and tracks budgets; records and transcribes minutes; compiles and composes statistics and data for annual report; updates internet pages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer software: word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database management, Internet/E-mail.
- Ability to operate office equipment (fax and photocopying machines, telephone, etc.).
- Transcriptions from audio tapes.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency. Bachelors degree desired.
- Basic knowledge of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition.
- Expertise in dealing with a wide variety of personalities; maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency at managing multiple tasks simultaneously with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be organized, dependable, able to manage time efficiently, and display initiative.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends.
Office equipment (computer, fax and photocopying machines, telephone, etc.).
Mary work with Presidential Interns.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a resume, three letters of recommendations, and cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Mount St. Mary's University
Administrative Assistant-PT Search
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
or you may email resume materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain opened until filled.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.