Administrative Assistant to the Dean, College of Liberal Arts (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Minimum Pay Rate: $11.70 per hour
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Essential Position Functions:
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean for the College of Liberal Arts is responsible for ensuring a smooth, professional and efficient operation of the office. This is an hourly staff position. The position requires extensive experience in business administration, public relations, marketing, higher education and Catholic teaching. Candidate must be a highly polished professional with strong organization and administrative skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Applicant must have the ability to manage and work with a diverse group of individuals. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an excellent working knowledge in Word and Excel are required.
- Act as a communications liaison between the dean and all internal and external constituents.
- Maintain daily calendar; scheduling of events including; appointments, meetings, conference calls, lectures, films, etc.
- Coordinates logistics for the Dean when attending professional conferences: air and ground transportation and hotel accommodations.
- Maintains appropriate background materials for meetings and professional conferences.
- Perform and provide clerical support to the office to include correspondence, file management, records, and mail, telephone and equipment operations.
- Responsible for obtaining required information for VPAA office.
- Liaison with department secretaries for matters pertaining to the College of Liberal Arts.
- Arrange meetings of various faculty groups and administrative staff with the Dean.
- Plan CLA Advisory Board meetings.
- Requisition of office supplies and maintenance requests.
- Coordinate and monitor receipt of faculty reviews, tenure and promotion applications, departmental reviews and reports.
- Provide support for faculty searches.
- Launch and maintain online course evaluations for the College of Liberal Arts.
- Coordination of lectures and other events hosted by the College of Liberal Arts.
- Update College of Liberal Arts website.
- Supervise graduate assistant, student aides and part-time summer students.
- Help prepare grant applications, document use of grant funds, prepare grant reports.
- Coordinate meetings with students, draft letters to students regarding academic misconduct.
- Access and enter data using specialized software regarding donors (Millennium) and students (Jenzabar and Portal).
- Manage budgets for College of Liberal Arts (operating budget, adjunct budget and Fund for Excellence).
- Update and review campus calendar with College of Liberal Arts events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment. Must observe FERPA guidelines and other federal regulations.
Must possess three or more years of experience as a Senior Secretary/Administrative Assistant. Strong organizational, human relations and communications skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work with students, faculty, administrators and campus leaders. Ability to manage several projects or assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, take initiative, handle emergency situations in a professional efficient manner. Able to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
To Apply: Complete the Application (Found under the Staff Positions Listings). Mail with cover letter and resume to the Department of Human Resources, Administrative Assistant to the Dean, College of Liberal Arts Search, 16300 Old Emmitsburg Road, Emmitsburg MD 21727 or fax to (301) 447-5864. Resume may also be sent by email to email@example.com.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.