Mount Opportunities for Success in Science (MOSS)
The Mount Opportunities for Success in Science (MOSS) Program is designed to support students as they prepare for a future career as a scientist.
MOSS Program Scholarship
Students in the MOSS Program will receive scholarships of $10,000 a year for four years. MOSS Scholars will also benefit from a comprehensive support system designed to build a community of learners, cultivate academic achievement, and provide professional development opportunities leading to successful placement in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) career or graduate-level education.
Applicants to the MOSS Program must meet the following minimum requirements:
• be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
• have financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
• have a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA in college preparatory coursework
• intend to major in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or environmental science
• intend to enroll full time at MSMU (Mount Freshman Application)
To maintain scholarship eligibility, scholars must:
• maintain full-time student status
• major in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or environmental science
• meet minimum cumulative GPA requirements for each year renewal
• participate in MOSS-related programming events
Partial support for this work was provided by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S STEM) program under Award No. 1458490. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.