During the centennial of the Mount, with the construction of McSweeny Hall, the seminary moved to its present location on campus.
The seminary is housed in a complex of six connected buildings:
St. Bernard’s Chapel, the center of the seminary, is always open for prayer and meditation.
McSweeny Hall (1906) contains the offices, classrooms, recreation rooms and residences for faculty and students. It also includes a language lab, primarily for the use of the ESL support program.
Gallagher Hall (1958) contains private rooms for faculty and students.
Mulcahy Hall (1975) provides private rooms for faculty and students, as well as for guests.
O’Donnell Lecture Hall (1976) accommodates the entire student body for lectures, seminars, etc.
Keating Hall (2000) contains modern classrooms, residences and offices for faculty, as well as private rooms for the students. Recent renovations include the establishment of the Potter-Gormley Reading Room for theological research and a Practica lab with video-taping capabilities for homiletics and liturgical courses.
Many seminary liturgies are held at the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception (1908) in the center of the university campus.
There are a number of other chapels on campus, including the National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes. See our many Sacred Spaces on campus.