Searching for an Internship
The Career Center has a number of recommended websites to begin your internship search. Be sure to discuss your internship plans with professors, your peers, family and friends. Use these individuals to begin networking for opportunities.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment to discuss their interest in doing an internship. The Career Center staff will help students prepare their resumes as well as provide information on internship sites that other Mount students have interned.
- Search internship postings on College Central: to search for on- and off-campus internship postings
- Review internship books, postings, and company information in the Career Center
- Attend area and on-campus Internship and Job Fairs
- Network with Mount St. Mary’s alumni, friends, family, professors, etc.
- Search the Internet by visiting company websites or special internship search engines
Mount Internship Programs
► The Mount in Washington Internship Semester– a special program specifically designed so that Mount St. Mary’s University students can spend a semester in Washington DC in a credit based internship. Students who participate in this program can earn up to 15 credits.
Internship Search Web Resources
This list of web resources are independent websites and not affiliated with Mount St. Mary's University.
Internship/Job Search Engines
- Idealist - nonprofit organizations
- USAjobs - federal government positions
Career Development and Internship Resources
- Internqube - free resource for students looking to develop professional skills for the workplace.
- Youtern - search engine and blog
- Careerealism - career and search resource
- LinkedIn - professional networking, job/company information, alumni, etc.
Please access Useful Internet Links and Internship Resources for additional websites.
Contact the Career Center if you are interested in finding more resources.