All student accounts are processed by the Accounting and Finance Office.
Mount St. Mary's is committed to containing costs and keeping tuition as low as possible. As a result, the University has partnered with Higher One, Inc., a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions by providing alternative payment options to students and parents.
This partnership will allow students and their parents to pay tuition and miscellaneous charges applied to their student account online by credit card and/or ACH debit. This process is completely secure, meeting all federal regulations with PCI compliance and FDIC insured bank accounts.
Students and parents will have the following payment options:
Electronic Check (e-check) Payments
You may select an e-check payment option which is a secure payment option by providing your banking instructions. The payment will automatically be withdrawn from your bank account. There is no fee to make an e-check payment.
Instructions for ACH (ECheck) and Credit Card Tuition Payments Online
- Sign in to the Portal
- Click Account Balance tab
- Click Go to CASHNet
At this point you will be directed to the CASHNet website. You can choose to make a payment or assign a Pin for your parents/guardian, or whomever you wish to have access to make a payment on your tuition account. This will give parents/guardian access to make a tuition payment only, not access to your portal account. Just follow the instructions when prompted. Be sure to print a receipt for your records when the transaction has successfully been completed.
- Student must sign in to the Portal and complete steps 1 - 3 above in order for you to gain access and receive a Parent Pin
- Parent will receive email message with password (case sensitive) and link https://commerce.cashnet.com/msmarymdpay
- Login with assigned Parent Pin and password
- You will be prompted to create a new password
- Under “Your Account” click to make a payment
- Click on Balance
- Fill in payment amount and “Add to Shopping Cart”
- Follow instructions as prompted
If you already have parent password and pin you may go through the Mount website.
- Click on current students.
- Click on portal.
- Under Tuition payment, click on here.
- This will take you to the Login screen.
Be sure to print a receipt for your records when the transaction has successfully been completed. We suggest that you save the link as a favorite and make note of your pin and password for future reference.
Cash, Check and Money Order
Cash, checks and money orders will be accepted in our office. Payments may also be mailed to:
Accounting & Finance Office
Mount St. Mary's University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
► See our Frequently Asked Questions
Phone: (301) 447-5353
Fax: (301) 447-5867
Credit Card Payments
For your convenience, you may make online payments using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express with your credit/debit card. Since we have outsourced this processing the service provider charges a convenience fee of 2.75%. Please know that Mount St. Mary's University does not receive any of these fees.
Enrolled Undergraduate Students
Enrolled MED / MAT & MALS Students
Enrolled Accelerated & MBA / MHA Students
• Payment Form (.pdf)
• Personal Deferment Form (.pdf)
• Financial Aid and Sponsored Billing Deferment Form (.pdf)
• Requesting a Receipt (.pdf)
• Graduate FERPA Form (.pdf)